To be able to drive a car in Florida, you must have appropriate licensing, registration, titles, tags and auto insurance. If you are missing any of these items, then you are likely to face significant penalties if you get caught driving without them. However, you shouldn’t have to worry about the hassle of having to stand in line at the DMV just to file for the necessary driving documentation. To make it easier on you, the State of Florida has made it possible for you to apply for auto insurance, titles and tags through your auto insurance provider.
Automatic Insurance is proud to offer full tag & title services to all customers, and when you work with us, we’ll help you take care of all of your insurance and registration needs in no time. That way, you’ll be able to drive off knowing that you have everything you need to drive legally.
What Does Tag & Title Services Mean?
When you move to Florida, you must update your vehicle’s registration within ten days of establishing residency in the state. Though you have 30 days to obtain a Florida license, you must begin he process of registering and insuring your vehicle to meet Florida standards within 10 days of establishing residency. You are considered to have established residency if you:
- Reside in Florida for more than six consecutive months; or
- Start a job in Florida; or
- Enroll your children in a Florida public school; or
- Register to vote in Florida; or
- Filed for homestead tax exemption on property; or
When applying for Florida vehicle registration, you will:
- Transfer your vehicle’s title to Florida (if you do not hold title to your vehicle, then we can help you still obtain appropriate proof of ownership)
- Apply for a Florida license place and registration decals
- Have the vehicle inspected
- Pay all applicable taxes and fees
- Enroll in auto insurance that meets Florida’s minimum insurance requirements
At this time, you will also surrender your old vehicle plates and registration.
The benefit of being able to take care of your titling and registration services at the same time you buy your auto insurance is that you can effectively kill two birds with one stone. By law, all Florida drivers are required to purchase at least the following auto insurance:
- $10,000 personal injury protection (PIP)
- $10,000 property damage liability insurance
We highly encourage all of our clients to buy more than just the minimum coverage, and we will work with you to ensure that you get expanded auto insurance benefits that are still budget friendly. Buy being able to take advantage of both our auto insurance and tag & title services, you will only have to make a single trip to take care of all the necessary steps to register your vehicle.
Also Read: Do You Have to Renew Your Car Registration in Person?