Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
For Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach & Areas Across South Florida
Florida is a beautiful state with plenty of waterways for boats. For boat owners in Florida, however, there are certain dangers. With so many people taking their boats out on the open water year-round, accidents are bound to happen. Plus, the unpredictable Florida weather may damage your unprotected boat.
Luckily, Automatic Insurance understands the dangers and works hard to find boat owners competitive rates for boat insurance for the coverage they need. Give as a call at (954) 421-9953 or fill out a form for a free quote today. Our insurance professionals will get started right away on finding a policy perfect for your boat with a price that’s perfect for your wallet.
Questions? We've Got Answers
Many factors account for the cost of your boat insurance, such as:
- The type and value of boat
- The speed of the boat
- Your location
- Your deductible
- The amount of coverage
- Your credit score
On average, boat insurance costs $611 a year in Florida. to see how we can save you money on your boat insurance premiums.
Florida doesn't legally require boat owners to carry boat insurance, but many marinas do have certain requirements. Check with your marina on their boat insurance requirements.
- Comprehensive Coverage for the boat and attached equipment — including the hull, fittings and furnishings. This covers incidents involving fire, wind and vandalism.
- Collision Coverage for damage done to the boat as a result of a collision with another water vehicle or object
- Guest Passenger Liability if a permissible guest causes damage or bodily injury while operating the boat
- Medical Payments if the insured or passengers are injured on the boat
- Bodily injury liability
Insurance needs vary per boat. It’s generally recommended that you carry at least $1 million in liability and at least $10,000 in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
To find out what insurance is right for your boat, give us a call at (954) 421-9953 and speak with an insurance expert. In general, we recommend that you carry:
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Collision Coverage
- Liability Coverage
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
- Medical Payments
- Guest Passenger Liability
Your homeowners insurance policy only provides limited coverage for your boat. If an accident happens and your boat is damaged, your homeowners insurance may not cover all of it, leaving you to pay for the damages out of pocket — not to mention the expenses that come with a lawsuit, should someone sue.