Tag & Title Services
For Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach & Areas Across South Florida
No Need To Wait In Line At The DMV. We Can Do The Process For You!
Automatic Insurance is here to help you get car insurance. But you can't use your policy unless you can drive legally. That means having appropriate Florida car registration and tags.
The good news is you don't have to go to the DMV to take care of this service. We can help you get your tags and registration right in our office. We proudly offer fast, convenient service for:
- First-time and new vehicle registration
- Registration renewals
- Duplicate registration
- Handicapped vehicle tags
- Specialty/vanity tags
Let us make it easy for you. There's no reason to stand in line at the DMV for something you can take care of as soon as you buy a car and insure it.
Contact Us To Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions
If you need to get a tag for your vehicle, you will have to take a few steps.
- Have proof of identity (Photo ID) to register the vehicle. If you need to get a Florida drivers license, you will need to visit your local Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles office. Different licensing requirements exist for drivers depending on their citizenship status.
- Purchase car insurance that meets all requirements set by Florida law. Visit us to get this coverage.
- Present an existing proof of out-of-state title on the vehicle. If you have a lien on your car, we can help you obtain verification of the title from out of state.
- Transfer the title to Florida. To do that, complete Form HSMV 82040 — Application for Certificate of Title With/Without Registration.
- Have an inspection and verification of the vehicle's VIN (vehicle identification number). This process is included on Form HSMV 82040.
- All owners must sign Form HSMV 82040. All owners must also present proof of identity.
- Pay applicable taxes and fees on the vehicle.
Afterwards, the state will issue you a tag and vehicle registration on the vehicle. Please note, the law requires most drivers to re-tag their cars every ten years.
Your title is the official proof that you own your vehicle. Florida issues vehicle titles both electronically and on paper. You can only receive one title. If you have a lien on your car, the owner (a bank, financial institution or other person) will hold the title until you pay off the lien. If you lose the title, then you will have to apply for a replacement title.
You will pay an initial registration fee of $225.00. You will also have to pay an annual or biennial tax and other fees, which will vary depending on the type of vehicle you carry.
You must complete the registration process within 30 days of establishing residency in Florida. If you don't establish residency, you still must register your vehicle if you a) become employed or b) place children in a public school.
Vehicle registration expires each year. Keep a few tips in mind when it's time to renew yours:
- If you registered your car in your name, your registration will expire on your birthday.
- If you registered a business vehicle, the registration will expire on the same month and day that it was first registered.
- You have until 11:59 PM on that date to renew your registration. There is no grace period. If you fail to renew, then you might face penalties.
You can start renewing your coverage up to three months before the registration date. You'll receive a notice that you need to renew your registration before your expiration rolls around.
Don't put yourself in a bind when you need vehicle registration or car insurance. Let Automatic Insurance be your one-stop shop for getting covered and registered.